Product Manager at Embark Veterinary
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our product team to help lead the build and delivery of 5-star experiences that delight and engage users and drive strategic growth.
- Flex across managing key initiatives on our pre-purchase site and logged in product experience for existing users.
- Through both your own data analysis and working with our engineering and growth teams, develop and test hypotheses to optimize the experience and drive revenue.
- Constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Apply critical thinking and data-driven analytical skills with a relentless customer-first mindset to contribute to products and a web experience that our customers love and rate highly.
- Deeply understand our users. Quickly become a product domain expert and champion for our customers.
- Plan and manage tasks for web designers and developers in tandem with the overall product roadmap, ensuring the highest impact and efficiency.
- Deliver data-driven results in consistent, concise reports on feature and engagement performance to internal stakeholders.
- Identify and drive user research to better understand the needs and priorities of our customers, both breeder and pet owner.
This person will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Entrepreneurial and driven.
- 3-5 years of experience in product, or a mix of product and e-commerce.
- A strong plus for previous roles focused on Consumer Products, with a track record of success.
- A collaborative team player and problem solver.
- Strategic planning, communication & presentation skills.
- Basic SQL a must; proficiency a plus.
- Google Analytics proficiency a must.
- Shopify, Google Tag Manager, and WordPress experience a plus.
- Basic HTML/CSS experience.
- Other development experience a plus.
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win.
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.