Product Manager at edX
Product Manager, Programs
edX seeks a Product Manager with a strong business and customer mindset to deliver great products for edX learners.
In this role, you will develop and execute a product roadmap to support and grow both our established programs we well as new product lines. Among others, these include our innovative MicroMasters™ programs and our disruptively priced online master’s degrees. As a Product Manager, you will examine market conditions, the competitive and technology landscape, and customer input to evaluate and prioritize product opportunities. You’ll regularly engage with customers, business stakeholders, and engineering teams to identify, synthesize, and clearly communicate product requirements that create an outstanding experience and achieve desired outcomes for our learners.
- Define strategy, target outcomes, priorities, and roadmap, and measure impact.
- Interact directly with learners, educators, other product managers, and stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and capture these in the form of user stories.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical and product requirements, that will achieve the desired outcomes.
- Define MVP, define success, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Work with engineering, data science and UX teams to define the execution plans for the user stories.
- 5+ years of experience in a software company
- Be data driven and iterative - has audacious hypothesis, yet invests in testing and learning along the way.
- Demonstrated abilities related to roadmap ownership and development.
- Experience operating and thriving in a matrixed, results focused, fast-paced environment.
- Empathy for our customers and continuous improvement focus.
- Bias to action mindset with cross-team collaboration skills, including conflict resolution, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in higher education or education technology
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.