Product Manager at RightHand Robotics
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to develop robots that can grasp and manipulate everyday objects to solve the skyrocketing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and supply chains, in general. RHR’s technology is a software-driven, hardware-enabled solution that enables our robots to pick and place products that it has never seen before.
We are seeking a Product Manager to drive our product initiatives from conception through launch and ensuing iterations. Working with customers across the US, Europe, and Asia, and our team, you will develop the product requirements that provide a high-level understanding of how features are expected to work, why they’re worth building, and how they will be measured. You will report to the Director of Product Management and work closely with Engineering and Business Teams. You will bridge the technical and business worlds, collaborating closely with engineers, designers, salespeople, product marketers and customers to ensure that our products solve the right problems and convert our customers into raving fans of our robotic piece-picking technology..
- Assist with the development and execution of the product vision and roadmap
- Determine user requirements and prioritization leveraging both user research and product insight
- Own the product backlog; prioritize product features and tasks with cross-functional team
- Plan product releases
- Establish milestones, monitor progress and report status regularly and accurately
- Report to the Director of Product Management
Work across a truly “full stack” product that spans hardware, software, industrial design, data science, solution design, and more
Partner with Engineering, Marketing, PR, Business Development/Partnerships, Legal, Solutions and Deployment teams
Be the voice of the customer
Continuously make operational improvements (improved metrics, automation)
Travel up to 25%
BS in Engineering (ME or EE preferred).
Experience working in the industrial automation, robotics, supply chain, manufacturing, material handling, or controls industry
Experience launching and successfully delivering a technology product
Understanding of industrial automation markets, competition and customer/user requirements
Obsessed with users, comfortable operating as the voice of the customer internally, and able to objectively translate consumer feedback into actionable initiatives
Comfortable forming and articulating the big picture on where an industry is headed and creating product roadmaps
Prior experience defining a highly technical product
Experience gathering and organizing requirements
Experience working with Jira
Adept at diving deep into the weeds with engineers while keeping the product vision in mind
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms, machine learning and math are required
Capable of leading by influence, not authority
An analytical and metrics-driven work style
- Ability to plan/review architectures, technical designs, test strategies, test cases, etc.
- Experience writing scripts (SQL, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.) to gather system data to support decision-making.
- Familiarity with SQL, deep technical proficiency and/or engineering experience a big plus
- MBA or related professional experience
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical insurance
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.