This role provides the opportunity to drive a high-velocity, growing API business, built around established products plus useful products that you will bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented team of Product Managers and Product Owners.
SmartBear seeks an experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for product business planning, product life-cycle management, and product plan execution for complex software testing products. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy and analytically-driven.
In this role, you will
- Work with the VP of Product to create, maintain and communicate a living vision and overall strategy for your products
- Understand and build the product roadmap, including new target market and features, design the go-to-market strategy and product value proposition
- Analyze relevant market, competitive, as well as buying trends to define attainable testing market share, growth and profitability
- Conduct research to understand and analyze customer needs and solutions, and incorporate Voice of the Customer into your products
- Manage and prioritize backlog and workflow
- Work closely with system architect and UX designer to plan, scale and sequence stories
- Engage closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to bring products to market in a timely manner
- Manage product P&L and develop business case for product themes and epics
- Serve as a representative for your products in marketing and sales efforts as well as external, analyst and press interactions
- Follow agile methodology to establish proper documentation and acceptance criteria
- Monitor achievement against forecast to identify and report on KPIs by quarter
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.