Product Manager, Restaurants B2B at TripAdvisor
Product Manager, Restaurants B2B
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million monthly active users across web and mobile, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Product Manager on the Restaurants B2B team, you will work with the team’s engineers, UX Designers, and fellow product managers to drive meaningful business results. We iterate and deploy code fast - everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel and restaurants, fluency with complex data, experience optimizing various online user journeys and the ability to create simple and usable user experiences that provide measurable results.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead new product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports. You will be expected to report on all aspects of your squads business objective.
- Continuously propose new A/B tests aimed at improving traveler conversion and owner behavior metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams as product/project manager to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities.
- Talk to restaurant owners often and seek to understand what motivates, frustrates and keeps them happy. Take this knowledge and turn it into great products and features. Have an eye for good UX, working with a talented team of designers.
- You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Create annotated wireframes and define associated use-cases that articulate your vision in a way that is accessible to all members of the development lifecycle.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems. You will be the final sign off of a product before it is seen by millions of users - so you must QA thoroughly.
- Assist in managing the prioritization of new features and bug fixes.
What We Seek:
- 3+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- Someone technical enough to understand the basics of how developing product in an internet company works.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Experience with web or mobile analytics packages (e.g. Google Analytics) and Excel highly preferred. Familiarity and willingness to learn SQL will be a plus.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus