Product Manager, Payments
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is also an integrated payment processor and the payments product team is responsible for building and maintaining the payment processing products. This includes authorization, capture, settlement and chargeback of credit, debit cards and digital wallets such as ApplePay through various channels such as POS, online and mobile app. As a member of the Payments Product team you will also work with Payment ecosystem players such as Payment Processors/Acquirers, Card Networks, Terminal Vendors, etc.
As the Product Manager of payments, you will be a critical part of the product team and will be spearheading initiatives that will interface with many other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Design, Hardware, Marketing, and Business Operations to build and shape innovative products. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
As a Product Manager on the Payments team, you will:
- Work closely with the Payments cross functional teams to support ideation, design, development, launch and support of new and existing payment products
- Write user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to Engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work closely with Toast hardware team and hardware vendors to create payment acceptance solutions for various Toast products
- Review Payment processor and card network specs and bulletins to understand impacts to Toast’s Payment processing platform and initiate/prioritize projects to address changes
- Provide integration support related to Payment features for 3rd parties using the Toast API platform
- Work with customers and prospects directly regarding product launch, feedback and feature requests
- Document and manage product feature requests from customers and internal and external stakeholders/collaborators
- Collaborate and provide direction to UX (User Experience) team
- Ability to manage multiple projects (schedules, resourcing plans etc) and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
- Work closely with product marketing and other internal/external parties in researching latest trends in payments industry; create business cases to support new ideas products and features for Toast Payments
- Become the evangelist for your product, including the creation of future product strategy, business cases and product roadmaps
- Present and report out to senior leadership on product metrics and product life cycle
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A minimum 3 years of product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong analytical and technical abilities
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, including prioritization, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics is a plus
- Experience in payments industry, especially working knowledge of EMV, Contactless processing is a strong plus