Product subject matter expertise (10%)
- Build expert knowledge of patient health needs and digital marketplace; Wellframe strategy, product, users, and data.
New feature development and delivery (50%)
- Establish target outcomes, and key performance indicators.
- Conduct user and customer interviews, discovery, and perform quantitative research and analysis.
- Define, prioritize, and scope product requirements.
- Partner with Design to establish user journeys / experiences and design assets.
- Collaborate with Engineering to write, track and test user stories and deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Ensure user stories are aligned with project goals, and key performance indicators, as well as inclusive of detailed requirements, technical specifications, design assets, workflow diagrams, and acceptance criteria.
- Develop timelines, coordinate releases, and ensure Go To Customer plans are in place to communicate value to internal and external audiences.
- Communicate expectations and information to key stakeholders, as well as identify barriers or risks to meeting goals to Product and Engineering.
- Ensure all SDLC product requirements are followed.
User, regulatory, and vendor research (30%)
- Lead user and customer interviews, discovery, and quantitative research and analysis.
- Relentlessly leverage data and analysis to test assumptions and validate product experiments.
- Support feature development and vendor partnerships through in-depth research.
Team process (10%)
- Contribute to and create Product team resources, such as user guides, FAQs, and story board newsletter.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- B.S. or B.A.
- At least 3-5 years as a Product Manager at an organization delivering SaaS products.
- Comfortable and interested in working with analytics and data.
- Confident with the building blocks for product management: working in an agile environment; building SaaS products; managing a backlog; writing user stories; onducting user research / customer discovery.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets including Pivot tables, charting, and more.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote/Google Slides.
- Must be New England-based or willing to relocate.
Behaviors & Traits Required:
- Works well independently and effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment.
- Very goal-oriented, and motivated to make an impact on patient conversion, engagement, and health outcomes; not afraid to be held accountable for these results.
- Cares deeply about the security and privacy of end users.
- Highly motivated to be a strong performer and to impact results.
- Takes a pragmatic approach to solving problems, while still being able to articulate a story and vision for where a given project will help a company or product head.
- Can bring a team together to solve a difficult problem, and navigate barriers decisively while taking stakeholder opinions and feedback into consideration.
- Takes serious accountability for next steps, project plans, and commitments.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Has the ability to break down complex, technical problems into smaller, achievable steps for Engineering.
- Hungry to learn and open to coaching, feedback, and from challenges.
- Ability to clearly communicate with vendors, partners, and customers.
- Ability to form trusting relationships with Customer Success, Engineering, customers, and end users.
- Ability to break down a complex story or problem into a simple explanation or story and tone-switch for Engineering, client, and executive audiences.