Product Manager, Menus at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Product Manager, you will collaborate with research, product design and engineering to produce detailed user stories, analysis & roadmap for our menus product, a central function in our restaurant platform. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented, collaborative and have a can-do attitude.
You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive the effort to define a new Menus experience and platform, which will enable a frictionless setup experience for our customers
- Ability to craft a product roadmap that aligns with product vision, and includes detailed deliverables and dates
- Ability to write technical user stories, and collaborate with Engineering teams and 3rd party vendors in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Constantly communicate with internal stakeholders and executive sponsors on project status and pivot as necessary
- Collaborate closely with UX team on customer research, wireframes, visual design & feedback for continual product improvement
- Define KPIs for success & carefully measure during rollout
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
- Follow-up with customers and prospects directly regarding product feedback and feature requests
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2 + years working as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst or Associate Product Manager in a fast-paced software environment
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Proven time management and organization skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required