Product Manager, Indigo Carbon
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal – as laid out in this video from our CEO – is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet.
It takes a diverse team to achieve this massive goal. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Product Manager, you will be the backbone of Indigo’s push to build solutions that activate businesses and consumers to join this mission. If you are detail-oriented, embrace cutting-edge challenges, communicate comfortably with smart peers and senior executives, and are excited about helping drive a business that will enable a groundbreaking solution to climate change, then this could be the perfect fit.
The role will report to the Senior Manager of Indigo Carbon and will interface with senior stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Engage businesses, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders in defining rigorous standards for carbon footprint measurement
- Help productize solutions that allow corporations to more than offset their footprints – and become part of the climate solution, not the climate problem
- Help productize solutions that allow consumers to act on their concerns about climate change through their everyday purchases
- Work cross-functionally with Indigo’s marketing team to build a brand that drives home our groundbreaking solution
- Work cross-functionally with Indigo’s market development team to cultivate corporations eager to lead the charge against climate change
- Help develop of a turnkey process for Indigo’s corporate partners to activate their support with minimal effort and maximal impact
- Excellent communication skills with client-facing orientation, including clear verbal and written communications, demonstrated mastery of presentations, and ability to interact with executives with poise
- Resourceful and solution-oriented with a high degree of ownership, e.g., demonstrated ability to pull on different sources and people to work through roadblocks
- Skillful in coalition development, with proven ability to influence stakeholders across levels and contexts
- Diligent and detail-oriented, ability to track, follow-up and not let things slip
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial, with ability to own and drive a product roadmap
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strongly passionate for the mission of Indigo and Indigo Carbon in particular
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a product or analytical role required, preferred experience in management consulting or at a fast-paced technology company
- Range of responsibilities available depending upon level of experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills required
- Tech product management experience preferred
- Business development experience preferred
- Role is based in Boston; some travel to be expected
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.