Product Manager, Hotels B2C at TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to lead our cross functional Hotels app team that manages the Hotel Shopping Experience across our iPhone, iPad, and Android apps for some of our most loyal Shoppers globally. If you are ready to bring your A game every day, read on and let’s connect.
In this role, you will play an instrumental part in defining and driving a roadmap full of mobile product enhancements, helping travelers around the globe find and book a great hotel at the right price within the TripAdvisor app. You’ll use app store reviews to your advantage to build a fruitful feedback loop with our users, collaborate on designing features that address any pain points, and ultimately test these features against our current control treatment to inform next steps. Our industry leading traffic volume combined with a world-class testing toolset provides an optimization sandbox that is second to none.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel, a penchant for measuring and understanding how users shop for hotels on TripAdvisor, and unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing great user experiences that show measurable results. Your extensive knowledge of the mobile landscape, avid usage of mobile apps, and familiarity with the opportunities and challenges of m-commerce is what makes you stand out. You should feel right at home communicating your product vision through a variety of mediums and working closely with a wide range of stakeholders such as developers, designers, researchers, analysts, and business partners to bring ideas to life. You’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together on the shared goal of helping our users find and book the right hotel.
The Product Manager, Mobile Apps, Hotels will be located in our Needham, MA office. The candidate will be an innovator who understands how to define products and get stuff done -- driving concepts from the business requirements to implementation and business results.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead new product development initiatives, including competitive and user research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways, serving as product and part project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development, implementation, and evolution of features.
- Develop written requirements and assist in creating/validating mockups, managing their iteration through the design and testing process.
- Create annotated wireframes and user scenarios to support and articulate your vision.
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to delight travelers while contributing to the top and bottom line.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to go-live launch of new features
- Assist in managing prioritization of new website enhancements and bug fixes.
- Monitor key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
What skills we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of internet product management experience, preferably consumer and user experience focused.
- A/B testing experience preferred
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Drive to get things done -- you love to Ship and exhibit tenacity in solving complex problems, finding resources and making them available when needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion. Proven creative problem solving and innovative mindset.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor preferred.
- A passion for TripAdvisor and travel.