Product Manager - Drupal Acceleration at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
At Acquia we are proud that our company’s founder Dries Buytaert created Drupal and now enables us to be one of the biggest contributors to this powerful, free, and open-source content management framework that powers at least 2.3% of the web. Combined with Acquia’s powerful products, our product team’s contributions have been lauded as one of the best DXPs in the world by both the Forrester Wave and Gartner Magic Quadrant.
About the role...
To help us continue to grow Drupal and Acquia, we’re in search of an experienced Product Manager to lead our Drupal Acceleration Team (the open source team). As an ideal candidate, you will have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them.
You’re a highly skilled software product expert with a proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of product production — from conception through release. You may already be a confident leader who has experience guiding cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve consumer experience and grow market share.
As the Product Manager, you will...
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes quarterly, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships
- Assess current competitor offerings, seek opportunities for differentiation
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
- Produce product requirements with support from the team and PO’s, and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successful achieved
- Partner with the engineering, marketing, documentation, QA, sales and other product teams who will realize the product vision and provide them guidance about priorities and tradeoffs.
- Communicate quarterly about the roadmap, objectives, and key results achieved.
Skills and abilities we look for are...
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in technical product management and/or product development, architect
- Demonstrated success in a previous product management role developing and launching complex technology products. (Preferably with remote teams.)
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and curious about how to be the best in the market.
- Passionate about fostering and supporting positive work cultures
Extra credit if you have...
- 3 or more years of subject matter expertise with Drupal 7, and Drupal 8.
- Experience working in and leading remote teams.
- Demonstrated technical understanding in one or more of the following areas: PHP development, application lifecycle management, continuous delivery, DevOps, web application operations, distributed computing, PaaS, cloud services and APIs.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.