Product Manager, Digital Ordering Activation at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
Join Toast’s Digital Ordering team as we build groundbreaking experiences that empower the restaurant community to delight their guests and thrive. Digital Ordering is a rapidly growing product line at Toast encompassing several existing and new products serving millions of consumers, including Toast TakeOut, our new mobile order ahead app that allows consumers to skip the line at their favorite local restaurants.
The landscape of digital ordering is changing rapidly and restaurants are challenged to keep up with new consumer trends and fully understand what opportunities are best for their business. As the Product Manager for Digital Activation, your goal will be to ensure that all restaurants realize the full value of our suite of digital ordering products and services, including Toast Online Ordering, Toast TakeOut, and integrations with third-party services (e.g., DoorDash, Grubhub). Starting from a blank slate, you will build a team and roadmap that will enable restaurants to identify the right digital ordering opportunities and activate them to their fullest potential. This is an extremely challenging role where you must be both a thought leader in the industry and top-notch at product execution.
The Product Manager will report to the Director of Product for Digital Ordering.
About this roll*:
- Own a product vision and roadmap that ensures restaurants can leverage the full power of digital ordering products and services
- Define and communicate your product vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Build the business case for future enhancements and technical updates
- Write technical user stories and collaborate with Engineering and Design teams to build product in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical and practical applications of your product domain
- Collaborate closely with other Digital Ordering teams to activate their products for customers
- Follow-up with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders directly regarding product feedback and feature requests
- Engage with marketing, sales, and customer success partners to drive forward competitive analysis, market fit and go-to-market activities
- Understand restaurant and digital ordering industry trends and provide insightful, relevant input to restaurant organizations and to stakeholders within Toast
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in product management
- A self-starter with natural leadership instincts and an entrepreneurial work style
- A track record of delivering very successful, complex products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged, not required