Product Manager - Developer Experience at InterSystems
Join InterSystems and help us delight developers with our data platform. You will be the subject matter expert and evangelist for modern developers, focused on the end-to-end experience through the entire development cycle, and ensure that we meet the needs of current and future developers.
Making developers successful is key to creating platforms that have long-lasting impact. As the Product Manager for Developer Experience, you'll help build InterSystems into the first choice for developers building massively scalable, interoperable, analytic applications. This is an exciting opportunity to act as the key connection between developers and the rest of the team, responsible for creating and executing the vision InterSystems’ developer experience. You'll work closely with multiple groups in the company to define the vision, identify opportunities, and drive impact for both developers and InterSystems. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of software developer needs, strong cross-functional and communication skills, and good instincts for balancing process vs value.
A particular focus of this role is delighting developers who are deep in Python and/or SQL, that want to leverage data science and machine learning as part of their data-intensive applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on successfully building and launching new products and features
- Identify and track developer problems, interests, and preferences from the market perspective, through firsthand knowledge, secondary research, and interviews and interactions with prospects, customers, and the industry at large
- Define and shepherd the “whole product” including documentation, code samples, tools, as well as software required to delight developers
- Act as the voice of the developer to the broader organization, and as a key representative of the company to the developer community.
- Passion for software development and development languages
- Hands-on development with multiple languages and stacks, including Python & SQL.
- Experience working on developer services or developer tools, and working with cross-functional teams to ship products
- Organizational experience managing multiple ongoing initiatives
- Proven flair for communications to technical audiences, including speaking, writing, and teaching experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience doing product management for enterprise software
- Practical experience with combining commercial and open-source software to build out a complete set of developer tools and examples