We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
As the Product Manager of Data Science, you will build and define the product roadmap for the Data Science team that builds personalization, optimization, and automation products used throughout the company. This person is comfortable working across a wide range of stakeholders with the ability to translate business asks into technical road map that will deliver the requisite value. This person will use a combination of data analysis, stakeholder inputs, and industry instinct to identify the highest value priorities for the organization.
The right candidate for this position will have a technical acumen that allows them to understand how data science can serve the business. They should be able to pitch ideas for new products and improvements to stakeholders, as well as intake requests from stakeholders and translate them into roadmap items for the Data Science engineering team. They will work cross functionally alongside Technology, Product, Analytics and other stakeholders and will closely monitor the KPIs of their products to consistently optimize over time. This person should have an analytical mindset and enjoy finding opportunities to leverage data to improve products and processes across a large organization.
- Manage the entire product development cycle from strategic planning to launch and post-launch optimization
- Work with stakeholders to understand data science needs and leverage them to drive the long-term vision for the data science team
- Work closely with the data science engineering team to develop solutions for identified product opportunities
- Continuously maintain a product road map for a full stack team of data science engineers
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new feature requests, balancing them against iterations on existing features
- Create business cases to support prioritization decisions
- Work closely with engineering, production, and other stakeholders to break down high level projects into product specification documents
- Work closely with engineering to represent the voice of your key stakeholders during the design/development process.
- Facilitate alignment among executives and other stakeholders
- Effectively balance competing demands of innovation, quality, operational improvements, and speed to market
- Define annual goals and multi-year product vision for the Data Science
- Establish domain expertise on the latest innovations in the space
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required. A Technical Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant product management experience is required
- Experience working with data science and/or machine learning products is required
- Comfortable gathering and analyzing data to make product decisions and build business cases will be required
- Comfort collaborating across multiple departments, including Technology, UX, Marketing, and Finance is required
- Experience with agile software development methodology and working with engineering and data teams on technical projects is required
- Proven track record of driving cross functional projects from inception to completion is required
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams is required
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with advanced analytics scoring and models
- Experience with large, complex data-centric projects
- Professional experience managing an internal service or product for a cross-functional group
- Strong, proactive communicator who can use in-person and digital tools to complete product feedback loops
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.