• BS degree in a data science or engineering discipline and 5+ years of work experience as a product manager for a technology company (MS degree a plus)
• Track record of using a data-driven approach to product development, using MVP and A/B test techniques to iterate new ideas quickly
• Technical understanding to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
• Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and ability to code in SQL and/or Python
• Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
About the job
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
The Product Manager - Customer Service Automation ensures that each Hopper user has an outstanding support experience when the user solicits help with a flight booking. The Product Manager is a key member of the Hopper Customer Service Experience team which owns KPIs such as CSAT, CES, and self-service automation rate. The Product Manager writes business cases to frame new opportunities, owns a product development roadmap, and leads sprint planning for a team of dedicated software engineers. The Product Manager works closely with Hopper’s global customer service delivery organization which manages our customer support centers.
- Formulate product ideas. With laser focus on the KPIs, you will research and write business cases for features that will improve the customer service journey for Hopper users.
- Own the product plan. Aggregate your product ideas into a cohesive and high impact product development roadmap.
- Manage engineering sprints. Work with a dedicated engineering squad to test and launch new features at a steady cadence.
- Facilitate learning. Use sound testing constructs to drive understanding and seek product-market fit for the projects on your roadmap
- Obsess over data. Track user behavior to ensure that your projects delight our users and add value to Hopper’s business
- Track your results. Prepare short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.