Product Manager, Benefits at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Product Manager on the Payroll Employee Management Product Team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with product design, engineering, product marketing, sales, and customer service to play a pivotal role in evolving the Employee Management experience of the highly strategic Payroll offering.
Working closely with product leadership and other key stakeholders, you will craft a roadmap based on market fit that drives customer acquisition and ensures a delightful user experience and be responsible for instrumenting effective impact analyses to measure the success of your work.
You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and brimming with a can-do attitude.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner with Research and the Benefits business lead to identify and bring to market the right mix of benefits to restaurant employers and employees
- Operate as a leader of your team’s work and invest in becoming a subject matter expert of your domain to deliver business impact via product innovation.
- Define a well articulated vision for the short and long term roadmap of your domain; ensuring that the impact aligns to the team and company strategy, and prioritizes the most impactful investments
- Gather feature requirements that connect to your roadmap and define core business & user experience problems to be solved, always setting goals in a clear, actionable format that supports the Toast voice and brand
- Obsess yourself with finding ways to leverage data to achieve your defined goals and communicate ROA by understanding your customer and aligning your goals to meaningful outcomes for the customer & measurable impact to the business
- Communicates clearly, knowledgeably and transparently with cross functional stakeholders (including but not limited to Engineering, Design, Go To Market, and Support) to build trusted relationships and rationalize, hone, evaluate and effectively influence product investments
- Maintain a flexible, curious and collaborative mindset navigating change, uncertainty and challenging situations
- Demonstrate continuous critical thinking and sound decision making, by leaning on data to make evidence-based decisions and considering alternative approaches to mitigate risk
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Hands-on product management experience delivering great products from inception through delivery to customers in a fast paced Agile software environment.
- You consistently explore different perspectives before investing in new feature development; always presenting your team with a well articulated, thoughtfully researched and measurable problem before embarking on any significant work.
- You have experience writing clear, succinct product requirements and understand how to sequence the development of those requirements to optimize engineering resources, business impact, and customer outcome.
- You are comfortable deconstructing complex functionality into digestible chunks and understand how to define and circulate a feature’s “success criteria” with key stakeholders. You know which tools to leverage in order to communicate most effectively with different teams.
- You are effective at sequencing the implementation of your current feature and you know which trade-offs to make in order to adhere to a high quality launch.
- Exceptional time management, organization and communication skills.
- Fluency in analytics and data measurement; comfort working with ambiguous datasets
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, complexity and conflict. You remain optimistic in the face of challenges, and seek out best practices from others to improve your own skill set
- Proven track record of success taking a structured, data-backed approach to prioritizing, investigating, and solving problems.
- An understanding of the labor and restaurant industry space and the evolving market dynamics is a plus, but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.