Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
The Software Architect will be hands on and working with all products in this vertical. This role will be instrumental in understanding needs of role of managing testing and automation in SW development life cycle. This role will communicate with stakeholders from cross functional teams and collaborate to work through issues, and roadmap. The Software Architect will track each aspect of an application from design, coding, automation, deployment and production infrastructure and pay attention to broader issues like scale and performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
A Software Architect is a professional who requires strong technical and design skills to succeed on the job along with good communication and collaboration skills. Some of their other important skills and qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of full stack applications (UI , API, Data)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding of coding and programming practices and languages
- Experience with database design and data modeling
- Extensive knowledge of the software development process and corresponding technologies
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and architectural styles
- Proficient knowledge of the CI/CD, infrastructure operation and development designs of agile software
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and SAAS
- Strong soft skills, including attention to detail, problem-solving and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with teams, and in collaborative environment
- Strong Leadership skills and decision making capability
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.