Product Development Operations Manager at Kyruus
- You’ll contribute to the Kyruus vision and mission by driving efficiency, visibility and excellence throughout our Product Development teams and processes. You’ll play a key and vital role in strengthening the communication and collaboration structures that enable individual Kyruuvians to work effectively with our Product Development teams.
- You’ll own process improvement within the Product Development team, working to streamline existing processes, determine the need for new processes and own the adherence and monitoring of those processes on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll develop a How-To for working within Product Development and for external teams to work with the Product Development team to gain efficiencies in communication across the organization.
- Examples include defining and communicating processes and expectations for ticket submission and triage, as well as Product feature functionality and delivery. Act as an expert on Product Development and Program Management artifact library inventory and knowledge sharing best practices, and own the process documentation to support such activities.
- You’ll own an education & onboarding session that focuses on the best ways of engaging Product and Engineering Teams.
- You’ll work with the VP Product and VP Engineering to define communication frameworks and coordinate the cadences for those communications for product and engineering focused work such as roadmaps.
- You’ll report to the Director, Program Management in our Product Development department within the R&D - Product division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 7+ years experience in process improvement and/or project management:
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel encouraged to participate and motivated to succeed.
- Work cross functionally with our Delivery and Support teams on process improvement projects.
- Ask the right questions of and listen actively to our internal teams and understand changing needs to inform where program management can be most useful.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding & Where You'll Go From Here
- You’re a trusted member of the Program Management team and can provide immediate value to our product and engineering processes.
- You define metrics for the teams and measure new processes within the Product Development team to provide transparency and show measurable results.
- You help improve upon existing processes and reporting mechanisms.
- You drive collaboration with other teams and build trust through transparency and organization.
- You take ownership for the success and adherence of the processes you own.
- You’re the in-house expert on product development processes and help the teams identify other processes where definition and success criteria are needed.
- You provide clear feedback to others and successfully collaborate with Engineering and Product to understand areas for improvement and tradeoffs.
- Kyruuvians in the Product Development Operations Manager role can move in a more linear career path on the Program Management team, the next step is Senior Product Development Operations Manager, or progress to a management position within the Program Management vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.