Product Development Manager at MassMutual
MassMutual is launching a new investment platform that will include a closed end fund, a registered investment advisor and a fintech business that connects private equity funds and their portfolio companies with limited partners and retail investors (‘OpenAlternatives’). This platform will launch two stand-alone businesses within MassMutual’s Investment Management Division, and we are looking to hire an experienced Product Manager to take a unique set of analytical tools from desktop to an independent commercial SaaS business.
Based in Boston and reporting directly to the Head of the Alternatives Product business, this is the perfect opportunity for someone to build an innovative new pricing and valuation service and manage all product marketing aspects of developing a commercial SaaS business in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As the primary product development lead you’ll have an opportunity to play a key role in launching the new fintech business with a small team of motivated specialists. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, and have a strong business acumen. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
- Apply business, product marketing and technology experience to commercialize a financial database, web portal, and related pricing algorithms
- Lead from design and conception to finished commercial launch and ongoing improvements
- Develop SaaS product roadmap and timeline for development that aligns with strategic objectives of the organization
- Develop product strategy and design and ensure product-market fit to achieve broad market acceptance
- Ensure rapid time-to-market for Minimum Viable Product with long term expansion vision and robust future operating model in mind
- Develop and implement go-to-market plan and distribution channel strategy
- Focus on, understand, and address customer needs, user experience, and adoption barriers
- Work with internal and external teams and functions to execute deliverables
- Ensure legal and regulatory standards and requirements are met and build in processes and governance for high levels of scrutiny and compliance
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics
- Create financial forecasts, manage development costs to budget, and avoid premature scaling
- Respond to feedback from stakeholders to improve or adjust product
- Communicate our business and technology strategy to our partners as well as investors
- At least 8 years previous work experience as a SaaS Product Manager with track record
- Agile and adaptable; Startup leadership experience preferred
- Experience in Fintech industry preferred
- Familiarity with Data Science and financial valuation/algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA beneficial
- B2B and B2C marketing experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions, and balance competing expectations
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Experience with business planning and budgeting