Product Development Engineer at Boston Microfluidics
Product Development Engineer
Boston Microfluidics is seeking an engineer to join our product development team. Now that we’ve reinvented the way blood is collected and tested we're looking for people to help us develop the next generation of our product platform.
Qualified candidates will like to design, prototype, and test new product concepts, and will have a creative approach and a tenacious resolve to see projects through to completion. We believe innovative products come from a combination of teamwork, communication, and dedication to good testing, documenting & manufacturing practices.
- Concept and design of new medical devices or components.
- Manufacturing of prototypes using in-house equipment (CNC Mill, 3D Printer, and Laser Cutter) as well as outsourced services injection molding, embossing and die-cutting.
- Experimental design followed by execution of test plan, including testing of biological samples in medical devices. (Non-infectious analog samples, safe to use outside of biosafety facilities. No specific lab experience is required but is definitely a plus.).
- Communicating, brainstorming and collaborating with a diverse, close-knit team.
- At times, leading development efforts on specific programs while, at other times, being a key team member on other programs.
Qualified candidates will have at least some of the skills and experience listed below. If you meet more than some of the qualifications for this position, please apply. Our goal will be to help you build the additional skills you need.
- CAD experience with SolidWorks and/or Fusion 360
- Prior experience with devices that handle blood, as well as microfluidics
- BS or BA in an engineering field; an MS or Ph.D. also applies
- 3+ years of experience working on the design of medical devices
- Good engineering design skills are a must
- Proficiency in CNC machining and other fabrication processes
- Product development and/or medical manufacturing experience
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (verbal and written)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excited for continuous professional development
- Support design transfers from R&D group to manufacturing and ongoing production teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $84,879 - $113,898 depending on background/experience
- Stock Option Incentive plan
- Commuter and Expense Reimbursement
- Option to participate in company medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k)
- Central location to the Alewife T stop with office park amenities such as fitness center, community events and outdoor recreation events sponsored by office park management.
Individuals seeking employment at Boston Microfluidics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We value a diverse team and we encourage anyone who is interested in our technology to apply.