Principal Product Manager
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Principal Product Manager will be responsible for driving the product strategy in support of Nuance’s market leading Conversational AI portfolio. It is an exciting time to be involved with Conversational AI as the technology is being rapidly adopted across varied markets for diverse use cases. You will work in collaboration with Product Development, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales to define a product roadmap that accelerates innovation and market adoption of advanced Conversational AI solutions including Natural Language Understanding, Text to Speech and Speech to Text technologies.
This Nuance Product Manager will act as the business and technical owner for speech recognition solutions. This individual will need to stay abreast of the latest technologies and trends to define and execute product strategy, and to ensure market needs are met with compelling products that deliver maximum benefit to customers and maximum impact to Nuance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of products and solutions to be delivered both direct and through channel partners, and adopted by Nuance internal customers.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products, aimed at maximizing revenues and margins. Analyze financials and develop business cases to justify investments.
- Analyze and present market requirements, trends, competitive landscape, product roadmap, pricing and packaging options, cost model, and P&L to the executive team
- Lead cross-functional and cross-divisional coordination for the successful design, development, delivery, documentation, training, launch, sale, service, integration, support, and customer adoption of the portfolio
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for partners, in coordination with Partner sales, marketing and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter support to sales, partners and professional services during customer engagements.
Education: BS Computer Science, Business Aministration, Engineering or related fiels. MBA preferred.
Experience: 8+ years Product Management experience
- Experience with Conversational AI technologies including Speech to Text, Text to Speech and Natural Language Understanding
- Experience working closely with partners in developing joint solutions
- Proven ability to successfully manage the product lifecycle of complex technical software
- Ability to work with senior management and technical teams to produce world-class products
- Proven ability to identify key customer requirements and translate them into detailed product requirements for next generation products.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.