Principal Product Manager, Payments and Licensing
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Our customers create amazing solutions in Smartsheet to streamline work processes and get things done - everything from simple inventory tracking systems to highly specialized manufacturing pipelines, made up of sheets and dashboards, reports and automation, forms and data integrations. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Product Manager who is customer focused and has expertise with designing and managing online payments and licensing systems for SAAS based products.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Engineering and will be located in our Boston, MA location.
This is a critical role with multiple executive stakeholders. Your chief responsibility will be to define the vision for how internal and external customers can buy, license and sell Smartsheet products across multiple channels.
You will take on a critical role in a collaborative environment, demonstrating every day your obsession with customer experience and determination to deliver a great product. Your success will be measured on improvements to critical success metrics, revenue targets, user engagement and happiness, your ability to drive initiatives from concept through completion, ability to deep dive into problems and come up with feasible outcomes and your collaboration skills working with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Create a compelling vision for your portfolio of features, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, scope
- Define detailed product requirements
- Make trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Drive initiatives through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new recommendations
We are looking for great teammates who are driven, dedicated, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision. Preferably, you will have:
- 8+ years experience as a Product Manager for a software product, B2B or B2C SAAS experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience as a product owner on agile development teams
- Experience in large scale distributed systems architecture preferred
- Experience building an ecosystem of partners and customers
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- Entrepreneurial and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical areas
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
- Experience with data analytics/modeling/SQL/BI reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer science, Engineering, or other technical degree required
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.