Principal Platform Product Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager that will lead 3 programs that provide shared capabilities across the product platforms of our Healthcare division.
Those will include:
- Healthcare Application Product (HAP) Data – a master data repository and data lake
- HAP Analytics – the reporting and analytics tooling
- HAP Insight – the platform for metrics and outcome tracking
This thought leader will have a strong engineering background and experience leading product management efforts with software solutions that are highly data-centric. This role will start as remote, but will be expected to work out of our Burlington, MA office once we return to working from our facilities sometime later in 2021.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write contextual problem statements that communicate a clear and detailed blueprint of product releases including logic flows & wireframes
- Manage roadmap and new feature rollout schedule with Product Management team
- Own your product and Partner with cross functional teams across the organization to obtain positive business outcomes
- Work in collaboration with the engineering teams.
- Track/identify bugs and open issues related to new product/feature releases
- Manage the process for tracking feature enhancement requests for existing products
- Ensure final deliverables meets business requirements
- Ability to work with clients (internal and external), understand and gather requirements, and test our solutions with them
- Drive a strategy to generate revenues or enable products to facilitate revenue generation.
- Evangelize your product throughout the company, closely monitor product adoption and usage metrics, convert those insights into roadmap and go-to-market actions.
All candidates will be considered that meet at minimum the required skills and some of the preferred skills. All backgrounds are welcome.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional experience in agile development with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in software, web product or platform management, including functional design and documentation, and UI wire-framing.
- Experience with a wide range of technologies (Not expected to code, but should be able to talk to engineers about abilities and limitations of different technologies, ask the right questions that lead to the right solutions)
- Knowledge of data lakes
- Experience with data mastering and building longitudinal views
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to present and convey ideas to business and leadership stakeholders.
- Sound business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Experience with building self-service analytics portals
- Experience working with clinical data in the US (HL7, EDI 837/835s, FHIR, …)
- Experience in advanced analytics, machine learning
- Diagraming using UML and BMPN
- Knowledge of Lambda Architectures
- Knowledge of Snowflake or Synapse
- Knowledge of Spark, Kubernetes, Databricks
- Knowledge of central monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience with distributed platforms
- Experience with International data/privacy regulations
- Software Architecture interest or background
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.