Platform - Product Owner
- Develop a deep contextual understanding of our customers, our users, and their needs.
- Maintain deep knowledge, context, & ownership of the features/components the Platform group works on.
- Build & maintain a working understanding of the underlying architecture & designs supporting your primary areas of focus.
- Work with your Director of Product to define and prioritize product deliverables for our customers.
- Work with a Core Team of engineers to provide market/customer context, build detailed requirement stories that define product solutions to customer needs, define phased execution of requirements where necessary, and answer questions as needed.
- Collaborate with extended, cross-functional teams on requirements.
- Participate in product team reviews of strategy, roadmap & product requirements.
- Drive/participate in backlog prioritization process for your Core Team that defines feature commitments for upcoming sprints, taking into account the multi-faceted needs of business (e.g. committed epics, customer enhancements, usability).
- Participate in the sprint planning with your Core Team, including a review of the previous sprint, an overview of an upcoming sprint, review of new customer enhancements, and any pre-planned discussion items.
- Verify readiness of features for release to production, public beta or private beta.
- Work with Technical Documentation team to ensure relevant collateral is prepared to support release.
- 5+ years experience in a technology company.
- 3+ years professional experience in a product or engineering role for a SaaS product.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with people in all roles/teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Attention to detail and excellent listening/speaking skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills that enable you to engage productively with technical teams.
- Strong analytics, with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Background in user experience a plus.
- BS or BA, with a strong plus for computer science /engineering.
- Must be a team player, and be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or another major public cloud a strong plus.
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K plans, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance or flexible PTO. To give everyone a stake in the business, we ensure everyone gets equity. Plus, there's the usual good stuff like Commuter & Gym reimbursements, Apple hardware, Free snacks, lunches, and beer. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.