Mobile Product Manager at Demiurge Studios
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:25 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Do you like hats? That's great! Product Managers at Demiurge wear lots of them. We analyze and present information to our team so they can make informed decisions. We focus on players: acquiring, advocating, retaining and optimizing. We’re the business mind for our games, ensuring we understand the costs of development, features, and customer support. We're experts in the mobile game market. We have a command of UX best practices, merchandising, and live-operations. So - eyes, ears, voice, mind, and you get to wear hats, too. Sound like fun?
- Define the criteria for success of a feature and make sure those criteria are instrumented prior to launch of the feature
- Estimate the success of features before they’re implemented
- Ensure the player-facing parts of the game, like storefronts and ads, are relentlessly optimized
- Distribute quantitative information about the overall game performance and the performance of specific features to the team
- Identify areas where we're not getting enough data and prescribe ways to improve the data stream
- Canary in the coal mine: Monitor the performance of the game and speak up if there’s a problem
- Qualitative evaluations of game features as they’re being implemented
- Working directly with customer service to collect feedback, and streamline our support
- Serve as a font of best practices for mobile - from UX to first-time-experience design
- “Make the Game” attitude
- Strong understanding of how mobile game metrics are measured
- Strong understanding of data analysis and statistics
- Experience with analytics services and tools, such as Mixpanel, Localytics, Upsight, and Tableau.
- Excel-Fu! Can you teach us something new about Excel or Google Sheets?
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience working as a Product Manager or equivalent on at least one successful free-to-play product
AWESOME BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Proficient using SQL
- MBA or similar graduate degree
- Game design
- Game production
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA Networks, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hits Marvel Puzzle Quest and SEGA Heroes. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Read Full Job Description