Metal Product Manager at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
As the Metal Product Manager at Markforged, you will define the product strategy and product roadmap for Markforged’s metal additive manufacturing system. Markforged makes fabricating metal parts accessible to everyone, so they can build anything they can imagine.What will you own?
- Own our Metal X System, which includes the Metal X printer, Sinter-1 and Sinter-2 furnaces, and printable metal materials.
- Become an expert on our Metal X System use-cases, customers and competition. Perform qualitative (interviews) and quantitative (querying data) research
- Write clear and concise data-driven requirements for new products and capabilities
- Justify the product vision and expected business outcomes to executives, engineers, and other stakeholders across the organization
- Partner with engineering and program management throughout the development process to provide context and make prioritization calls.
- Act as the go-to Metal X System expert for sales and marketing. Bring your deep understanding of the market and our products to drive sales growth.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering. MBA is a plus.
- Track record of successfully launching new products and features
- Demonstrated passion for solving customer problems. Ownership over outcomes.
- Analytical and data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to establish credibility and lead through influence up, down, and across
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a strong plus