Ellevation is seeking a Manager for our Customer Support team to set a clear and scalable vision for our support model and to leverage data to identify and implement new strategies that ensure an excellent customer support experience. Ellevation’s support team is responsible for inbound support tickets from users of Ellevation’s data-driven software, which is specifically designed for ELL educators and the English Learners they serve.
Customer Support is a key part of the strong services reputation Ellevation has in the industry. This team directly supports all Ellevation users through assistance on tickets and via phone, video and screen-share calls. In every interaction, they strive to build users' confidence in our platform and implement long-term solutions that set partners up for success. Our support team continues to expand their responsibility and may grow to include data processing and troubleshooting, as well as configuration support throughout onboarding. Averaging over 95% partner satisfaction, our team is strong, fast-paced, and eager to grow with Ellevation as we continue to partner with additional school districts across the country.
With Ellevation’s growth initiatives, we are looking for a Manager of Customer Support who has experience managing a support team that has implemented a tiered model and has leveraged multi-channel support. In this role, you will use your previous knowledge, experience, and passion for developing best-in-class customer service practices to implement new structures and processes here at Ellevation. You will hire and manage the highest level of talent, in addition to motivate, recognize, and provide career development opportunities for your team. Ultimately, you will have a direct impact on how we support our partners and empower their English learners to reach their highest aspirations.
- Implement new processes, procedures, and tools to more effectively meet our KPIs
- Leverage data on a continuous basis to inform Product priorities and to recommend new processes that best support our partners
- Lead, mentor, and support team members to grow and develop in their roles and careers
- Manage day to day processes and act as the point of escalation both internally and externally
- Prepare for and lead through our unique “Back-to-School Season” (August-October) and other high-usage periods when ticket volumes more than double, in a way that is impactful for partners, the ProS team and the business
- Prepare for and lead through lower volume periods when Customer Support Specialists have a greater capacity to identify new tools and drive larger projects that ensure efficient and effective workflows
- Collaborate with every team across the organization: Product Marketing, Revenue, Engineering, Product, and other Partner Success teams to ensure alignment, accuracy, and impact
- Ensure scalable onboarding processes are in place and supported
- Growth Mindset: You have at least 3 years of previous experience managing a support team that has tiered support and multi-channel (phone/chat/email) structures in place and are excited to implement that at Ellevation and scale-up our team.
- Strategic: You have experience coordinating strategic planning in collaboration with other teams to meet the wide variety of support needs from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Leader: You prioritize building diverse teams and understand the importance of advocating on behalf of Product Support Specialists and their workflows with other Ellevation teams. You identify with our values of Continuous Learning, Impact, Inclusion, Long-Term Vision, Partnership, and People.
- Tech Savvy: You have experience leading a technical team and proficiency using Excel and SQL or Python (a plus).
- Data-driven: You understand the importance of and have experience identifying, monitoring and acting on key performance indicators to make data-driven decisions about team priorities and workflows.
- Customer-Centric: You enjoy customer contact and can deliver exceptional customer service. You’re familiar with best practices in customer service in a SaaS environment including: how-to, login, bugs, ongoing data, configuration, and more. Prior experience with ticketing systems like ZenDesk and the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence) a plus.
- Self-Starter: You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can use innovation, sense of urgency, and data to inform decisions for the Partner Support team, Partner Success Organization, and others across the company.
- Problem Solver: You develop partnerships with internal department heads to enable your team to have the tools and training necessary to provide optimal service, complying with client SLA’s.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.