Lead Product Data Analyst
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
As the Lead Product Data Analyst you will work hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Product UX, and Engineers to define and measure the metrics that matter. You will be an instrumental team member who influences the decisions that we make with data. You are a leader on the data side of the organization who helps work with occasionally difficult data sets to refine them and prepare them for analysis by the product data analytics team. You design and lead data strategies that deliver analysis models into production that sit at the core of our product analysis engine.
You will be the lead story teller for your team -- weaving meaningful stories together into recommendations based on evidence. You are comfortable with all aspects of the analytical process - collecting data from occasionally messy sources, analyzing that data, and presenting your findings.
You manage junior analysts who help to deliver the mission. Additionally, you help to prioritize the weekly work for the product data analytics team and ensure that we communicate status out to stakeholder groups. You lead an agile process and maintain the jira boards that keep your team running efficiently. You report back to team leadership on the team’s velocity and progress on action items weekly.
About this roll*:
- Lead the effort of defining measurement strategies for products and services. Leverage this data to lead product teams to build impactful products.
- Lead the effort of collecting and refining requirements into requirements documents.
- Lead and mentor more junior product data analysts who will build reports & dashboards that accurately reflect the state of the product, service and team.
- Develop the data strategy required to deliver requested product analytics asks.
- Develop complex analysis that may be beyond the skills of a more junior product data analyst
- Lead the weekly prioritization process for the Product Data Analytics team members. Leverage an agile methodology. Manage the jira boards that empower the process.
- Understand the customer, guest and system data models and leverage that data to identify opportunities for our product to improve. Help with improving data documentation when needed.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners and Engineering Leads to define how we measure the success of our products and services.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Business Intelligence developer in a fast-paced software or technical environment.
- 5+ years of experience managing and growing analysts.
- 4+ years of data engineering experience
- 3+ years with leveraging Agile and Jira to drive prioritization of team work.
- Have a genuine love of data and you are happy spending hours at a time diving deep into analytical challenges.
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent SQL skill set.
- Comfortable with behavioral analytics.
*Bread puns encouraged, not required