Healthcare Product Owner at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Healthcare practice
Our Healthcare practice brings together strategy, data and technology to streamline our clients' digital transformation, improving the quality of consumer interactions and care delivery through in-person and virtual experiences. One third of Perficient's revenue comes from our healthcare clients, we serve many of the largest healthcare providers and payors in the United States and we are very proud of our impressive client retention performance, reflecting the strength of our team.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Digital Product Owner supporting one of our most prestigious clients as they undergo transformation of their digital presence with a focus on patient and member experience. This Product Owner can be based anywhere in the United States, travel may be required when safe.
Healthcare industry experience is a must have requirement.
Perficient, Inc. is seeking a Digital Product Owner motivated to take on challenges in a growing and dynamic environment. Candidate should have deep understanding and experience of driving and owning digital product development principles and processes. Extensive experience in Agile methodologies is a core requirement and the candidate must be detail oriented with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management. The Digital Product Owner will serve as the 'voice of the patient' or 'proxy customer' throughout the end to end process of product development, ensuring that the products and experiences delivered fully meet patient needs.
The Digital Product Owner needs to be comfortable operating as a self-starter from end to end of the product development process; taking on the product vision, working to further define and translate that vision into a series of deliverables and then coordinating and managing execution of the vision into initial MVP and beyond. The Digital Product Owner will:-
- Communicate effectively across multiple client stakeholders, development teams, product management teams (including other product owners and their related work-streams) and Perficient team-mates
- Be comfortable with Scrum Agile, both in deliverable management and in terms of comfort level with releasing MVP rapidly to get the greatest value to the consumer/ user as quickly as possible within appropriate parameters
- Be responsible for supporting the product vision, defining product requirements, translating requirements into user stories to prioritize product backlog
- Work collaboratively with the Scrum team to accurately scope and estimate work across the team, mindful of individual skill-sets and capacity
- Formulate the product development program to develop new product and services requirements
- Act on and drive feature direction and acceptance criteria as provided by the overall Product Manager
- Be comfortable with a very fast paced, dynamic environment
- Be comfortable with and ideally have meaningful experience working with and task-sharing with an offshore team
- Product owners must be adept in maintaining a healthy, manageable backlog
- Manage feedback from initial launch and product life cycle/ enhancements etc. post launch
- Monitor competitive activity for assigned product categories
- Present product release to client management during sprint demos
- Healthcare industry experience required.
- Scrum Agile Experience/ Advocacy
- 4+ years of experience with product requirements and leading new product development efforts through the entire development life-cycle
- Specifically experience with Web or Mobile Product Owner roles (as described) is critical
- Must be comfortable with conveying the value of new and emerging products, technologies or applications to senior management and across a diverse product team
- Product experience specifically is required, vs. Project experience in similar areas
- Healthcare provider experience preferred
- Experience in implementing Specific Agile principles - SAFe Agile, Kanban, WIP limits
- Specific Product Areas of Interest (Digital Web, Search, Scheduling, Digital Home)
- Experience in QAT/ Testing
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.