Head of Variable Product SEC Filing Team at MassMutual
This leader and their team will be responsible for preparing and managing filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) relating to MassMutual’s variable life insurance and variable annuity products and the distribution of related SEC disclosures to clients.
- Develop and manage a high performing team responsible for supporting MassMutual’s variable life insurance and variable annuity product filings with the SEC.
- Draft and update various disclosure documents, including variable life insurance and variable annuity prospectuses, Statements of Additional Information, Part Cs, and underlying Fund Supplements and Information Statements.
- Provide subject matter expertise on industry and regulatory practices and requirements relating to SEC filings.
- Utilize prospectus content management system to manage and update variable product prospectus disclosure in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Work with business partners to implement and advance efficiency and cost-savings initiatives, including electronic delivery.
- Manage the training and development of team members.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners.
- Manage relationships with strategic vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with SEC filing requirements applicable to variable life and variable annuity disclosure documents
- Proficiency with using content management systems to effectively create and file variable life and variable annuity disclosure documents
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex information in readily understandable terms.
- Excellent problem resolution/negotiation skills, including the ability to work with business partners to develop and update product documents and disclosures and to develop responses to SEC comments on the various prospectus filings mentioned above.
- Keep abreast of emerging developments for variable life and variable annuity products, including drafting and SEC filing trends, and possess the ability to assess the impact and collaborate with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Ability to assist with design, development & creation of presentations & reports.
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem-solving.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.