Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created a large opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain optimization frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
Chewy’s Supply Chain Research and Planning team is looking for a Head of Product Management based in Bellevue, WA for Supply Chain replenishment systems and lead our efforts in building the next generation of replenishment systems for all of the products and services sold on Chewy.com.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, has a strong understanding of business and operational needs, algorithmic concepts and is comfortable working in a hybrid technical/science team. The candidate is passionate about solving real business problems using cutting-edge technology. You will develop a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take high degrees of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities include direct management and recruitment of product and program managers, defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development of best in class supply chain systems, leading the discussions with senior leaders and delivering on the vision.
In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading a software and/or analytics development team through full development life cycle.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience attracting, hiring, and maintaining top talent
- Experience with leading a ML/ science focused product.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
What You’ll Do:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations, or related field, with MBA or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience managing people leaders
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs. Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Owning the test-and-learn roadmap to inform the product portfolio
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- Expertise in managing in house development (enterprises tools, customer facing features).
- Needs to be highly effective in building an outstanding customer journeys and associated CX by navigating use cases from ecommerce, supply chain, logistics, direct marketing, multi-channel partnerships, etc.
- Position may require travel
- Experience in developing highly scalable, fault tolerant supply chain decision systems in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance the high standards with the need to move fast
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]