Head of MassMutual Investment Alternatives Product at MassMutual
MassMutual is launching a new investment platform that will include a closed end fund, a registered investment advisor and a fintech business that connects private equity funds and their portfolio companies with limited partners and retail investors (‘OpenAlternatives’). This platform will launch as a stand-alone business within MassMutual’s Investment Management Division, and we are looking to hire an energetic and well-networked leader to spearhead this opportunity.
Based in Boston or New York City and reporting directly to the Head of MassMutual Ventures (MMV), this is the perfect opportunity for an established investment leader with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Develop high quality, robust business strategy and plans to ensure successful launch
- Evaluate and recommend to Head of MMV and Chief Investment Officer, which existing MassMutual private equity assets should seed the closed end fund.
- Lead the efforts in taking the OpenAlternatives pricing engine from its current beta stage to commercially viable stage
- Develop the overall investment and go to market strategy for the closed end fund
- Partner with legal and regulatory experts in preparing and filing the closed end fund’s registration statement, Including interfacing with the SEC on the filing
- Develop the overall investment ‘pitch’ for retail investors
- Recruit and build the team including data scientists and investment, compliance, operational and financial leaders
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings
- 4 year degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of investment experience, including launching new investment products and having overall P&L responsibility
- Strong knowledge of data science
- Strategic thinking and strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Strong leadership skills and people management experience
- Entrepreneurship mindset and demonstrated aptitude in navigating complex environments and dealing with ambiguity
- Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
- Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
- Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
- Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, and one brand.
- Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Does this sound like a great fit? Apply today!