Hardware Product Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Toaster on the hardware product manager team you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. On the product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations and Customer Success to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
- Lead by influence. Work closely with the Toast product, UX, engineering and operations teams to support business needs, develop business case, justify the Return of Investment (ROI), and owning the product roadmap
- Be the voice of the customers. Understand deeply and broadly what the functional, social and emotional needs of the users and lead the design and development of products that will delight the customers.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and strategize and prioritize resources so we build the best products to win
- Develop product requirements Documents to drive hardware development, as well as communicate feature requests to the engineering team in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with the Marketing, Finance, Operations and Customer Success teams to execute flawless launches
- Discover customer pain points and unmet needs and drive for high quality feature requests
- Manage multiple projects, and fulfill product requests within tight timelines
- Source new products and drive the qualification of the product internally and externally
- Analyze and track product KPIs to understand how hardware products are performing in the field post launch
- Manage vendors and overseas suppliers, comfortable with evening calls with overseas suppliers and be able to clearly communicate requirements and deliver quality products on time.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum 3 years Product Manager in a fast-paced hardware development environment and have launched at least 1 hardware product to market
- Strong understanding of hardware product development processes, from market research, user study, design, prototyping, production and post production quality support
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hardware vendors and suppliers
- Proven experience in bridging the technical and business sides of hardware projects, including the desire to lead through collaboration of these stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate ideas visually
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in user experience design and research is a plus
- Experience in data mining and/or querying skills is a plus