Hardware Product Manager at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
On the hardware product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations and Customer Success to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
Some projects our team has worked on lately:
- Designing the next generation of Toast Go, the leading pay at the table device in the industry that enable thousands of restaurants to operate more efficiently and provide better guest experience
- Designing the contactless payment device with superior user experience to delight guest. This device will be interacting with millions of users in the future
As a Product Manager on the Hardware team, you will:
- Work closely with the Toast product, engineering and operations teams to support business needs, develop business case, justify the ROI, and owning the roadmap
- Be the voice of the customers. Understand deeply and broadly of what the functional, social and emotional needs of the users and lead the design and development of product that will delight the customers.
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and strategize and prioritize resources so we build the best products to win.
- Leading by influence. Working cross functional teams to drive high impactful business results
- Develop Product Requirements Documents to drive hardware development, as well as communicate feature requests to the engineering team in a fast-paced environment
- Manage hardware project schedules and resourcing plans, including driving suppliers to develop and deliver on schedule, quality and cost
- Work closely with the Marketing, Finance, Operations, customer success teams to execute flawless launches
- Discover customer pain points and unmet needs and drive for high quality feature requests
- Manage multiple projects, and fulfill product requests within tight timelines
- Source new products and drive the qualification of the product internally and externally
- Analyze and track product KPIs to understand how hardware products are performing in the field post launch
- Manage vendors and overseas suppliers, clearly communicate requirements and delivering quality products on time.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum 3 years as a Product Manager in a fast-paced hardware development environment and have launched at least 1 hardware product to market
- Strong understanding of hardware product development processes, from market research, user study, design, prototyping, production and post production quality support
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hardware vendors and suppliers
- Proven experience in bridging the technical and business sides of hardware projects, including the desire to lead through collaboration of these stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate ideas visually
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in user experience design and research is a plus
- Experience in data mining and/or querying skills is a plus