Group Product Manager
Greater Boston Area
The product team at Klaviyo is passionate about identifying, spec’ing, and shipping solutions to solve tough customer problems.
Klaviyo is a startup located in the heart of downtown Boston. We build software that helps tens of thousands of businesses have more relevant and personal relationships with billions of consumers. We are a product driven company and over invest in making beautiful, efficient, and fast workflows that help our customers accomplish what was previously unimaginable. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies, and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
What Getting Started Might Look Like:
First 5 weeks
You will spend your time time getting to know the product team and our customers. You'll over-index on learning the product, watching customers use it, using it yourself, and investigating how Klaviyo fits into the stack of tools our customers rely on. You will also build your own ecommerce store, set it up with a Klaviyo account, and turned a profit; by the end of this time, it’s like you’ve been working in our industry for years.
- Take a course on our product and ace the test at the end
- Spend 90% of your time working with support
- Get in the queues and answer support tickets for our customers
Next 3 weeks
Now that you are familiar with our people and our customers, you will dig in hard to our workflows, processes, and tools. You take your years of expertise and critically evaluate how we work, why we’ve evolved that way, and what about our current set up is keeping us from our maximum impact and efficiency. By the end of this timeframe, you are able to make thoughtful recommendations around how the team works together as well as how we can improve our recruiting processes.
- Learn the architectural overview of the product
- Become a go-to expert on how the product should behave
- Help see a product enhancement from spec to successful completion during a sprint
- Connect with every internal team and learn what will help them succeed
Next 4 weeks
Some of your suggestions are starting to be implemented and the teams you’re responsible for are starting to thrive. Alignment is tighter, individuals are moving more quickly, and we’re releasing better quality product even faster. You’ve sunk your teeth into our planned roadmap and have helped mentor other product managers to make exceptional choices that lead to a more reliable path forward. You’ve taken ownership of the recruiting process and brought some incredible people into your pipeline. By the end of this time, the team comes to you frequently for guidance and you’ve earned the reputation of being a servant-leader who drives outcomes in a motivating and inspiring way.
- Help execute a key product improvement (identify problem, define key metrics, brainstorm ideas, test hypotheses, write spec)
- Help teams ship quality features
- Share some ideas/specs of improvements you want to make in the product
Product Areas/Teams We’re Hiring For
Klaviyo is about helping businesses grow by building and nurturing quality relationships with millions of people. To do that, our customers need to be able to learn about the interests, tastes, and behaviors of their audience, analyze that information to inform a marketing strategy, and use that analysis to communicate relevantly. We are hiring across all 3 of these key themes:
Learn - This group is focused on helping our customers learn about people through integrations with other tools, as well as through thoughtful forms and surveys, to unlock high quality analysis and personalized communication downstream.
Analyze - This group is responsible our segmentation engine, reporting capabilities, data storage, event processing pipeline, subscription management, and profile views.
Communicate - This group owns our email sending pipeline, automated flows, template builder, mobile channels (Push and SMS), and dynamic web features.
How you will make a difference:
- Talking to and working with customers constantly
- Hiring and managing 2-5 exceptional Product Managers
- Contributing to strategic prioritization of what we work on, why, and when
- Helping to curate, set, and communicate a roadmap
- Moving key metrics to advance our mission of helping companies grow
- Defining and executing product development processes that lead to elegant, impactful solutions to meaningful problems
Who You Are:
- Your favorite part of your job is working with and delighting customers
- You care deeply about building quality products in an efficient manner
- You’ve successfully shipped multiple large products and/or have lead large scale, cross functional projects
- You’re passionate about bringing exceptional product managers to Klaviyo & managing high potential talent
- You’re excited to create the go-to resource or community for product managers and product organizations to learn about how to be better
- You are involved in the product community by executing events, online content, and thought leadership
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description