Finance Product Manager at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Finance Product Manager you will be the bridge and connector of our Technology and Finance teams. You will use data to develop product roadmaps and drive business value projects with different business stakeholders. You will be able to effectively communicate product vision driven by data, and evangelize the vision and accomplishments of the team across Thrasio. You will work directly with Engineers, Accountants, and Financial Specialists on a daily basis.
Some key responsibilities:
- Manage and own Finance technical roadmap and help quantify business value of projects
- Gather stakeholder requirements for finance technical projects and help translate them into actionable steps for project members
- Set and communicate product vision across the organization
- Manage technical efforts and interface between Finance, Software Engineers, and the Thrasio organization. You will be responsible for building and rolling out projects
- Evangelize tools to the broader organization to ensure project buy-in. Bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work with assorted teams, including Analytics, to ensure financial reporting level data quality both going in and coming out of Finance modules and other products
- Improve Finance workflows using automated data pipelines and appropriate support technologies
- Research 3rd party vendors and implement new technologies
- Develop appropriate training materials and documentation for tools
- Create and curate tasks for software engineers
What you bring to the party:
- 4+ years of product management experience is an absolute requirement, leading cross functional project management translating between business and technical requirements
- 2+ years of experience supporting financial or accounting technology
- Experience working within an Agile development environment and with financial software systems, and building and evaluating analytical tools
- Familiarity with database, visualization, and data science tools e.g. SQL, Python, APIs
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Operations or their technical equivalent
- Experience with scaling Financial and Accounting systems
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.