Employee Cloud Product Marketing Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
In this role, you will help execute the go-to-market strategy for our Employee Cloud product pillar by leading key initiatives relating to product positioning and messaging, sales enablement, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research. The ideal candidate enjoys working within an emerging business unit, has a track record of enablement and content creation success, and thrives in an independent, cross-functional role. If you’re a team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
- Work with the Director of Product Marketing - Employee Cloud and other go-to-market (GTM) leads to develop and execute strategic marketing and sales enablement programs to drive growth.
- Define and deliver a comprehensive sales enablement strategy for sales teams to achieve their attach rate [POS] and productivity [Employee Cloud] goals through product knowledge transfer, competitive positioning, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Demand Generation teams to develop content assets for use by marketing and sales teams to differentiate our solution in the market and drive urgency for our buyers.
- Become the market expert on the payroll and employee landscape; Actively shadow sales teams, interview customers and prospects to inform campaigns, content, and positioning strategies.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Highly collaborative mindset, experienced at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator; Ability to build compelling storylines and recommendations based in both quantitative and qualitative data to compel action
- Proactively sets priorities with limited guidance; Self-managed in daily tasks across all marketing processes, cross-functional projects, meetings, and co-worker interactions
- Comfortable navigating an environment where change is expected and seeks to create certainty by applying process and organization, aligning with overall business strategy
- Deeply curious about our market, competitors and our customers; Understands the key drivers of our business and has an ability to successfully position our capabilities
- Previous roles in sales, marketing, product management or customer success preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required