Director, Technical Product Management at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Director, Technical Product Management – Digital Intelligent Engagement
Nuance Enterprise is re-inventing the way brands engage with consumers by leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and leading edge digital customer engagement capabilities to make that engagement simple. Through our Intelligent Engagement solutions, we enable billions of engagements across channels, modalities (speech, text), modes (live and virtual assistance), real-time and asynchronous.
You’re highly motivated, very collaborative, quick to learn the industry and competitive landscape, and able to communicate with business and technical stakeholders. You love solving complex problems, thinking outside-the-box for solutions, and helping team members grow and develop.
In this highly visible and vital role, the Director of Technical Product Management (TPM) you will be responsible for managing a high-performing TPM team to drive execution on roadmap priorities. Collaborating with Engineering, Business Product Management and other stakeholders, you will define ensure that technical product requirements and other deliverables are developed in a timely manner and meet the desired business goals. This is an exciting time to be involved in virtual agents, digital/asynchronous messaging customer service, agent AI solution and an opportunity to be part of bringing cutting edge solutions to life.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the business product management (BPM) team to elevate product capabilities into differentiated, relevant and actionable insights through new metrics or new ways of visualizing existing metrics
- Work with Engineering leaders and BPMs to define/manage/optimize software development processes to ensure fast and reliable execution on features
- Manage roadmap and new feature rollout schedule with Product Management team
- Ensure major product deliverables meet key business requirements
- Ability to work with clients (internal and external), understand requirements, and test our solutions with them
- Enable, empower and develop a team of six technical product managers to succeed through coaching and direction, and by facilitating and enforcing the organization’s product management process
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
- Education: MS or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technical Degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum years of work experience: 10+ years
- Strong understanding of the customer engagement/ customer experience enterprise segment
- Deep product management experience, including disciplined approach to new product introduction process
- Experience in working with engineering to develop and improve software development processes
- Demonstrated ability to drive measurable product and business outcomes
- Proven experience delivering AI and SaaS solutions
- Strong technical aptitude combined with process and people management skills
- 3+ years leading and managing a team with responsibility for workforce planning and staffing budgets
- Analytical, with a great capacity to think and act strategically
- Able to collaborate with business product to take concepts and bring them to life
- Dynamic, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable interacting and working with people at all levels of an organization from highly technical to the C-suite
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.