Director of Product, Personalization at TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. The Core Experience team is focused on ensuring TripAdvisor is providing everything a traveler needs as they dream, plan, and ultimately take their perfect trip. This mission-critical role will be focused on driving the vision and strategy for personalization, leveraging our massive data set to deliver truly assistive user experiences on our home pages, search widgets, shopping pages, and omni-channel communications. It’s a role that goes wide and deep; leveraging deep subject matter expertise in personalization with the vision-casting and consensus-building required to build products at a global scale.
The ideal candidate, first and foremost, has a passion for travel. Additionally, they will be asked to uncover and deeply empathize with user problems, make a business case for solving them, construct project plans and a forward looking roadmap to get us there, and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to bring solutions to market. You’ll quarterback a cross-functional team that includes product managers, UX designers, engineers, user researchers, and analysts that are all working together to bring your vision to life.
- Establish the objectives, goals, strategies, and plans for personalization, and empower teams throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Manage a team of product managers, serving as both their day-to-day manager as well as stewards of their career.
- Develop deep partnership with large teams of engineers, designers, researchers, and analysts across the company to bring the vision to life.
- Develop measurement strategies that transparently communicate goals to internal and external stakeholders.
- Evangelize personalization strategy across the organization, and partner with complementary business unit teams to holistically deliver on personalization across the business.
- Develop operational efficiency within the team to bring the highest quality products to market in the least amount of time.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of consumer-facing internet product management or related experience
- Manage a team of 6-8 Product Managers within your Product Area
- You have experience managing a portfolio of products and teams
- Lead cross-functional efforts to ensure a world-class travel experience that leverages our portfolio of products
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about making travel better.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Deep expertise in machine learning and personalization.
- Excellent analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues is critical. Familiarity with Tableau and SQL will be required.
- A pulse on what makes great user experiences across native, mobile web, tablet, and desktop form factors.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed at a high quality in a timely manner.
- Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- A passion for travel.