Director of Product Management at VMware
This role is to lead a team of Product Managers on the core of the VMware Carbon Black Cloud Platform – our Endpoint Protection and Cloud Workload Protection products. This is a critical leadership position within the business and plays a critical role in leading the business and driving successful outcomes. The Carbon Black Cloud is one of the fastest growing product lines within VMware.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Director Of Product Management Responsibilities:
Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. They possess business insight as well as engineering wherewithal to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. They work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
As a Director of Product Management on the Carbon Black Cloud, you will lead a team of product managers on our flagship product offerings, Endpoint Protection and Cloud Workload Protection. You will define our product strategy and direction and work with engineering leadership on executing and delivering on that roadmap You will need to understand critical customer requirement, continuously drive for business outcomes, and iterate the product until we collectively achieve success. Specifically, this role will:
- Lead a team of Product Managers on Endpoint and Cloud Workload Protection
- Understand how to measure, track, and optimize a SaaS security offering managing millions of endpoints and thousands of customers
- Define the strategy, goals and roadmap to continue to innovate the Carbon Black Cloud and make it the most effective security solution in market
- Constantly interact with customers to validate and socialize the Carbon Black Cloud capabilities and roadmap
- Understand the current market landscape. Will require analytical abilities to collect and report metrics and identify trends, issues, or other important information (qualitative and quantitative).
- Participating in product planning and working with the development team to prioritize future features and releases
- Engaging directly in execution by working with engineering around delivery
- Supporting go-to-market and activation measurements for the cloud platform
- Analyzing product personas and requirements to meet the needs of our core customers
- 7-10 years of direct work experience as a product manager delivering technology products to market
- Experience in the security market
- Proficient in SaaS product delivery
- Excellent leadership qualities and passion to motivate a team
- Demonstrated success working and adapting in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Fulltime MBA degree with a bachelor's degree in CS or similar
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Prior experience as a software engineer
- Experience working or building out cloud products
- Dynamic speaker, comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Passion about technology and have a strong commitment to advance the state of security through virtualization
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.