At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Hopper Product team is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead a team of Product Managers in building features that are impactful and delightful. This is a rare opportunity to scale and shape our Product Management team during a period of rapid growth. As a Director of PM you will shape Hopper’s roadmap for its flagship product in the Air industry, coordinating with senior leadership and product development peers. You’ll join our talented team and help shape not just our app, but our people and the way we build. You’ll organize and align cross-functional product groups around aggressive user and business growth.
On a typical day, you’ll give feedback and guidance in product reviews, unearth new, innovative opportunities to drive impact, make strategic decisions with your peers in Design, Data Science, and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build, mentor, and lead a team of Product Managers and Product Leads
- Implement best in class product development practices
- Develop customer-focused and impact-driven product roadmaps
- Establish metrics and goals to measure success and organize cross-functional teams around them
- Partner with engineering, design and business to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Communicate product vision to motivate team members and help them contextualize their day-to-day work
- Provide feedback and guidance to Product Managers and agile development groups
- Build a culture of customer focus, rapid iteration and data driven decision making
- Help define our team and culture; bring new methodologies, perspectives, tools, and best practices to change the way we work for the better
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- At least 5 years of experience leading a product management team
- Proven track record of creating consumer experiences that users love
- Demonstrated ability achieving business goals in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Outstanding judgement and problem-solving skills; ability to bring simplicity and structure to ambiguous problems and focus on what matters
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in agile software development environments
- Experience attracting and hiring product management talent
- An empowering and engaging leadership style
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Technical background preferred
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
• Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!