Director of Product Management at ezCater
We’re building Boston’s next great tech company - come be a part of it! ezCater was founded by two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs in 2007. ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building insanely helpful products that our customers and caterers love to use. Your focus will be the catering side of our marketplace. We’re building out tools to help our catering partners better manage their catering business and you’ll lead the team tasked with finding and delivering innovative solutions to them.
- Be an innovative thinker who distills market opportunities and the unvoiced demand of customers into a clear product vision that can be translated into elegant, scalable software
- Help to define what we should build and why, not just what customers are asking for
- Be a great communicator who helps existing and potential customers, executives, your team and the broader organization understand where the product is headed and what value it will provide to a range of audiences
- Spend most of your time out talking to catering partners so you can effectively speak to their needs, challenges and goals
- Be a strong voice that helps internal teams translate your learnings into a prioritized plan for what to build when to drive adoption and retention by catering partners
- An interesting and maybe atypical background. Maybe you’re:
- An entrepreneur who has started a business in a related space
- Someone with deep expertise in the restaurant business, or the restaurant tech space
- A GM who’s lead a SaaS business line
- MBA / Engineering background
- 10+ years of experience managing and developing software products that end users love
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience defining roadmaps, prioritizing and scoping work, collaborating with design and engineering peers, and driving business outcomes
- 5+ years managing and coaching A players
- Significant experience in user research, bolstered by heartfelt empathy for users
- A solid understanding of UI/UX and a healthy respect for the value of concept testing, experimentation and A/B split testing
- A highly collaborative approach, supported by excellent communication and organizational skills
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization
- A solid understanding of applicable web technologies
- Substantial experience working directly with agile development teams
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.