Director of Product Management, Platform
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product, you will be a critical part of the product leadership team and you will be spearheading initiatives that will interface with many other Toast teams (across Product, Design, Engineering, and Customer Success). Your role will be to build and shape Toast’s platform strategy as we continue to be the fastest growing SaaS company in the US, having crossed $1B in valuation in just 5 years. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers to get feedback on product reliability and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow and that our customers have the fastest and best possible experience.
This Toaster will work closely with engineering leadership and customers (restaurants, partners, and internal teams) to collect requirements and deliver a best in class SaaS platform. We are looking for a leader to build the industry-leading platform to help our restaurant community thrive, as well as someone who is a passionate and proven leader who will grow, mentor, and inspire cross-functional teams around a common goal. As a member of our Product leadership team, you will help us continually improve our overall department through team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Toast departments.
As a Director of Product for the Platform teams, you will:
- Collaborate with senior leaders and executives across Toast and clearly articulate the platform product vision and desired functionality, scalability, performance and success metrics
- Articulate business cases for platform investments and improvements, and measure/quantify KPIs such as engineering efficiency, uptime, scalability, risk, and adoption and growth
- Become the evangelist for the platform team, including cross-functional collaboration with other engineering teams to define product vision and strategy with financial projections, product roadmaps and report out to a variety of stakeholders and senior leadership while gaining alignment and unblock progress
- Think strategically about long-term platform roadmaps including how to plan systematic approaches to scaling API and data platforms, Android platform releases, and performance engineering in order to support internal users and external partners
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 7+ years of product management, technical program management or platform engineering experience (including 2+ years at the Manager/Director level)
- Computer Science Degree or prior software engineering work experience preferred
- Experience managing teams of 5+ direct or indirect reports
- A track record of success (and enjoyment) in people leadership, and in building and leading high performing product management teams and developing exceptional talent
- Prior experience in rapidly scaling cloud platforms supporting a multi-product company
- Clear, concise, unambiguous verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus