Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
This is a highly visible role that will lead the technical strategy/development, architecture, and the platform roadmap for this foundational technology platform. This team role is responsible for defining and the technical delivery of a global enterprise-wide eCommerce platform to support hundreds of brands and thousands of products selling on Amazon, Direct-to-Consumer, leading commerce marketplaces, and wholesale.
This team will be responsible for building out the operational systems that support best in class execution of millions of orders annually.
The role will lead the technical design decisions, the overall technical strategy, help estimate effort on prioritized requirements, identify and share recommended solution approaches (including buy vs. build), and coordinate execution within the team using agile development methods. Once the solution is established, the Enterprise E-Commerce Platform Lead will ensure continued product buildout success as well as the ongoing continuous improvements of the platform.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the entire organization by driving definition and execution of the Enterprise E-Commerce technology strategy
- Own architecture, full life-cycle execution, end-to-end solution delivery, digital operations, scope, budget, and internal as well as vendor resources.
- Provide subject matter leadership in the technology solutions to operate global consumer goods brands on marketplaces, DTC, and wholesale
- Partner with stakeholders and engineering leads across the organization including Supply Chain, Brand Management, Finance, SP&A, and Engineering (including Analytics, Data Science) to define an E-Commerce platform to meet business objectives
- Developing 9 and 24 month roadmaps and plans
- Prioritize data initiatives and align with stakeholders and key executives
- Improvements in process and engagement model with key stakeholders
- Optimized and automated execution across DTC and non-Amazon marketplaces, and Lead Ecommerce architecture across Commerce Platform, Progressive Web Framework, ERP, CMS, IPIM, OMS
- Develop, execute and drive a team of Product Managers to assist in delivery of the data platform including: scoping of work, hiring and coaching, setting and reviewing standards and KPIs for performance assessment, management of commitments to project teams, reporting and coordinating with project teams, and reporting with transparency and accountability to the VP, Product
What you bring to the party:
- 8+ years of product management or similar technology leadership experience driving the architecture, development, and deployment of end-to-end solutions for operating consumer E-Commerce brands
- Experience working with business application teams to understand and prioritize business needs and translate them into technical requirements and data needs
- 5+ years working with e-commerce or consumer product data (Amazon seller data experience is a big plus)
- 5+ years of data strategy experience
- Demonstrated experience applying these practices to complex business processes and delivering successful operating models.
- Demonstrated success implementing commerce platforms (eg. Shopify, CommerceTools, Magento) for > $100M brands or portfolios
- Extensive experience in order management systems (OMS), Product information systems (PIMS), consumer data platforms (CDP), headless front end frameworks (including pricing, promotion, messaging, optimization, compliance tooling)
- At least 8+ years leading a team of data product managers, architects or senior platform engineers either within the company or as part of a business consulting organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically with senior management
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong ability to translate back and forth between deep technical issues and business process issues.
- Direct experience managing cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to engage with business stakeholders to develop requirements, plans, and to deliver to plan.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment.
- Experience with Amazon MWS/Seller Partner API
- Experience with leading commerce platform(s): Shopify, CommerceTools, Magento, BigCommerce
- Experience with leading headless commerce front-end platforms: Frontastic, Vue Storefront, Shogun
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Spark, Apache Airflow, etc..
- Related experience in an multi-channel e-commerce organization
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.