Director of Product, Digital Ordering for Restaurants & Consumers at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial Product Director to pioneer our efforts to provide a best-in-class digital ordering experience for guests and restaurants (e.g. takeout, delivery, order ahead, etc). You will be responsible for creating new experiences that empower restaurants to leverage the full power of digital ordering while also advancing our existing, high-growth digital ordering offerings. This is a highly unique opportunity to contribute to the early growth of a major new strategic area that could significantly impact Toast’s future growth. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a track record of independently defining, developing, launching, and scaling new B2B and consumer (B2C) software products in the restaurant and hospitality industry.
As a leader for this product, you will:
- Set the product direction and strategy, including an aggressive roadmap to improve the digital ordering experience for restaurants
- Work within a cross-functional team to create a new business line focused on digital ordering for restaurants and consumers through launch new products and partnerships
- Develop deep relationships with restaurateurs to assess needs, pressure test ideas, and roll out new products/features
- Immerse yourself in the consumer dining experience to ensure that restaurant products/features are helping restaurants better serve their guests
- Work with a team of UX designers to create delightful experiences for guests and restaurants alike
- Prepare and deliver, clear and concise executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 12+ years of hands-on consumer (B2C) and B2B software product management experience, with increasing scope and responsibility
- A successful track record of delivering great products to market
- Experience in utilizing design thinking, innovation, and testing to develop new products and features to serve user needs
- Strong executive presence to develop and communicate product, strategic, and business plans to cross-functional leadership
- Experience in restaurants and/or hospitality is desired by not required