Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
The Digital Product Manager, eCommerce is responsible for driving the vision, development, and measurement of exceptional customer experiences for embarkvet.com. This role will additionally develop the business strategy for critical parts of the customer journey, including the product page and checkout.
This role is designed for an experienced product person with a deep analytical background and a passion for eCommerce, merchandising, and building and optimizing engaging user flows. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ambitious, eager to help pioneer the discipline of product management at a hyper-growth startup, and who has an extensive background in analytics and customer experience measurement.
Successful candidates will have experience working in highly collaborative environments with Design, UX, and Marketing. They will have an understanding of the competitive landscapes and emerging trends, analyzing product roadmaps, designing market tests, conducting pricing analysis, and developing plans to drive customer adoption and engagement. Experience developing marketing campaigns on owned (email, site, push), paid (display, paid social, search), and earned channels is a plus.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, naturally curious, and has the ability to work collaboratively across functions. Experience in eCommerce, health, and wellness, or pets and technology is a plus.
- Working collaboratively across the organization, you create product vision, understand and identify business value and impact, develop use cases and capabilities, and translate into product requirements and user stories.
- Drive the definition, development, and deployment of best-in-class experiences and capabilities that substantially enhance the consumer experience and support Embark’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Play a critical role in creating alignment between the development team and business stakeholders.
- Define specific requirements, evaluate implementation options & clearly articulate acceptance criteria for the development team.
- Establish and monitor success metrics for the Embark’s website to enable data-driven prioritization and identify improvements.
- Develop and deliver reporting on conversion performance to internal stakeholders to prioritize updates and optimization based on results.
- Work closely with the Product and marketing teams to make sure new product features and benefits are commercially optimized and communicated, champion organic growth initiatives, and support promotions.
- Own and manage our product claims and substantiation process, from prioritizing meaningful claims to owning the rollout and communication to internal stakeholders of the most up-to-date product claims.
- Conduct product and competitive research to help shape long and short-term strategies while providing quick and clear value add to the business.
This person will report to the Head of Product Management.
- 4-6 years of experience in product management experience
- 2-3 years of experience in eCommerce or other customer-facing industry
- This role will have exposure to senior leadership and requires excellent communication skills to evangelize product vision and to deliver insights and results to stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and practical planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with business and technical teams in addition to vendors
- An ability to synthesize different data to identify and articulate opportunities
- Familiarity with organic and referral sales growth methodologies
- Flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs
- Ability to identify and drive user research to better understand the needs and priorities of our customers, both breeder and pet owner
- Experience using JIRA and agile methodologies
- Experience with web analytics (GA360 preferred) required; experience with SQL preferred
- Shopify and WordPress experience a strong plus
- Experience with tag management
- Basic HTML/CSS experience
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.