Customer Education Co-op at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
At Toast, we put our customers first. Members of the restaurant community have a lot on their plates, so when they have a question about Toast, we want them to be able to find the answer FAST! In this co-op role, you’ll learn about the Toast product, work with a wide array of cross-functional teams within the company, and gain experience with cutting-edge content development, analytics, and project management tools.
Specifically in this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Write, edit and publish self-help articles in Toast Central and our in-product messaging tool.
- Analyze customer engagement data and support cases. Present bi-weekly readouts on metrics observed.
- Support Education Team initiatives such as content blitzes and special projects as needed.
- Participate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to better understand the product and any upcoming changes. Complete assigned tickets autonomously through our project management tool.
- Partner with customer marketing to drive the adoption of education team content throughout the customer journey.
- Manage and execute on deadlines for multiple deliverables. Remain flexible as priorities shift and communicate status updates and blockers as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Enrolled in an academic program.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to convert complex topics into simple steps.
- Ability to write in a customer-facing tone and voice.
- Self-motivated with a problem-solving mindset.
- Desire to connect with and learn from others.
- Familiarity with restaurant operations and workflows.
- Previous experience working in a restaurant environment is a plus but is not required.
- Previous experience with Toast products is a plus but not required.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required