CEO & Co-Founder
Role: CEO, Founder
Designation and Reporting Structure: Seed Investor
Job Location: Boston, US
About the job
An angel Investor is looking to setup a founding team to explore an innovative Fintech start-up based out of Boston. The start-up is aimed at creating a business to tap into the P2P lending industry in the US with an innovative business model that has been prevalent in the developing economies for centuries. The success of this Fintech venture would depend on creating good analytical models for customer pools, that will inturn maximize the ROI for borrowers and investors. This would be a pureplay digital model with AI and machine learning enabled customer experience.
The angel investor will be seeding the business with 1+ million dollars in addition to incubating them with office space and other resources both in Boston and India. The investor is looking for a CEO who will be actively running and managing the business and responsible for successful execution of this idea. He is looking for an exceptional CEO who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end-to-end success of this fintech venture.
About the investor
Investor is a serial entrepreneur and currently running a profitable insuretech venture, of which he is the majority shareholder. This insuretech venture is servicing insurance companies across the globe and has a total global base of 1200+ employees. He wishes to continue running the insuretech venture but wants to incubate a start-up for an idea that he has been exploring for a while. While he is passionate about the idea he is looking for a co-founding team that can take charge of a successful execution should they share the same passion for the idea. The investor will provide capital, guidance, resources from his other businesses as and when needed but will not be involved in the day to day operations of the company
Details about the idea and business will be shared once the profile is found relevant.
What we offer
- CEO / Co-Founder position alongside other experienced entrepreneurs/startup professionals in a high-growth environment.
- Shaping a true tech company from its very start on
- Environment set up for full ownership which embraces freedom and autonomy and values team spirit and open communication
- Access to a large network in corporate environment, development resources and other reuirements like HR, Legal, accounting etc
- Good fixed salary package with very substantial equity participation
- Full focus on execution due to secured funding from seed investor
- Set the vision, mission and overall strategy including long-term goals and go-to-market approach.
- Build a strong co-founding team for areas like Data sciences, technology product development and sales/customer acquisition
- Manage burn-rate and effective use of seed capital
- Drive early revenue-, customer- and product development setting clear and ambitious milestones
- Shape a company culture that is achievement-driven, cohesive and fun
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and its competitive landscape.
- Founder or C-Level experience in a high-growth startup
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams
- Hands on product development experience (Web and Mobile) or financial modelling experience would be preferred
- Prior experience in P2P lending or online financial products distribution would be preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university (MBA preferred)
- Experience in managing Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders to keep regular updates on business performance and progress