As a Buyer II on our team, you will be given the challenge of supporting sourcing for internal and external manufacturing that makes production and continuous improvement of our products possible. You will work with suppliers on critical engineering development programs to bring new and exciting products and materials to market. You’ll also work closely with our production and manufacturing operations to ensure availability of key production material at the right cost, quality and cost.
The ideal candidate will bring strong tactical and operational procurement experience in a technical product environment. We’re looking for strong communication and organizational ability, and a strong purchasing and sourcing foundation, ideally in a growing and scaling production environment. This individual needs to be self-motivated, bring strong experience with major supply partner management and category management, and be willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced organization.In this role you will…
- Execute direct material purchase orders for internal and external manufacturing production requirements
- Analyze, recommend, and execute purchase of components with supply risk or on allocation to protect production delivery schedules.
- Drive the procurement component of our MRP system in collaboration with Planning
- Develop sourcing plans and strategies for assigned categories or key spend areas.
- Develop and maintain strong value-based relationships with key supply partners. Monitor supplier capacities to ensure no unexpected capacity constraints occur.
- Drive continuous improvement in delivered quality levels, service and cost.
- Be a key player alongside Quality and Logistics in our returns process
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing develop and qualify new supply sources for critical business needs.
- Support purchases of critical development program material, including quick-term prototype requirements. Identify suppliers and expedite materials as necessary to support development program needs.
- Support key qualifications of supplier materials and subcontracted processing services.
- Help manage vendor risk by assisting in risk discovery processes, communicating risk exposures, and developing and executing on mitigation plans, as needed.
- Recommend and initiate process improvements including quality, efficiency, inventory and cost improvements.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What we’re looking for …
- 2-5+ years applied experience as a Buyer with s category responsibility environment, ideally with an annual $5M+ spend responsibility
- Demonstrated procurement experience with a commodity and planning focus
- Prior experience in working with MRP and understanding of its underlying concepts
- Prior experience in an operations product manufacturing environment
- Cost reduction experience in a range of categories and projects
- Adept at Google Suite (especially Sheets and file handling), Microsoft Excel and able to learn and use various collaboration apps
- Strong drive, insight and commitment to continuous improvement and familiarity with operations best practices such as LEAN, Kaizen, 5S, and Six Sigma
- Attention to details is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to advance to higher level roles within Operations
- Willingness to travel to regional and domestic supply partners
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in business or a technical discipline
- Highly motivated and organized individual with sharp analytical and process mindset
- Enjoys challenging the status quo and sharing new ideas
- Willing to travel periodically domestically.
- Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment