Associate Product Manager, Payments at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
Your role is to represent what’s best for our restaurants and internal Toast teams as we build additional payment processing capabilities. Because your team’s initiatives are highly technical, large in scope, and highly sensitive to our customers (you’re touching their money!), your role is critical to our organization. We need you to tease out important product requirements from a variety of sources, communicate the technical nuances of your product decisions, and present project progress across the organization.
Your team’s spread:
- Onboard merchants
- Settle deposits to our merchants
- Display accurate and usable financial reports
- Manage chargebacks
About this roll*:
- Drive purpose and clarity for your engineering team
- Represent customers and internal stakeholders during technical discussions
- Create processes for internal teams to handle escalations
- Translate your roadmap’s technical initiatives into business impact to gain buy-in
- Safely launch and support new payments features
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Technical mindset (experience with a technical product preferred)
- Live by the mantra “ruthlessly prioritize”
- Strong written and oral communication
- Record of hitting long-range deadlines
- Experience in the payments industry (card present) is a strong plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required